Exam board: SQA
First teaching: September 2018
First exam: Summer 2019
Practice makes permanent. Feel confident and prepared for the SQA Higher Geography exam with this two-in-one book, containing practice questions for every question type and the most popular topics, plus two practice papers.
- Choose to revise by question type or topic: A simple grid enables you to pick particular question styles or course areas that you want to focus on, with answers provided at the back of the book
- Understand what the examiner is looking for: Clear guidance on how to answer each question type is followed by plenty of questions so you can put the advice into practice, building essential exam skills
- Remember more in your exam: Repeated and extended practice will give you a secure knowledge of the key areas of the course (physical environments; human environments; global issues)
- Familiarise yourself with the exam papers: Both practice papers mirror the language and layout of the real SQA papers; complete them in timed, exam-style conditions to increase your confidence before the exams
- Find out how to achieve a better grade: Answers to the practice papers have commentaries for each question, with tips on writing successful answers and avoiding common mistakes
Fully up to date with SQA's requirements
The questions, mark schemes and guidance in this practice book match the requirements of the revised SQA Higher Geography specification for examination from 2019 onwards.
This book covers the following topics:
- River basin management
- Development and health
- Climate change